Sunday 14 June 2009

Ready?

no scrawls really descended my fingers
no real pain still fruitlessly lingers
infact there was no beauty in blue eyes
and no scratching of thighs
this was a simple test and a simple rest
though i forgave them everything
and had trouble to stop remembering
i never realised the size of how big this would grow
never felt myself letting go
a corona one too many
a bottle of wine too many
are you ready?

are you ready?

pain still stings, and i still sing,
beauty is still in blue lies
and burning is still between the thighs,
the simple test was never the best
but it was the easiest and that i never guessed
and now as i stand with a gin in my hand
i'll forever ask if i'm suitable for this task
am i ready?

am i ready?


i'll never be ready
never be steady
dance with the choir
profess myself never a liar
but once they cease this little piece of my shamble
i'll throw it all away on a simple gamble.

are you ready?