Friday 29 January 2010

Few poems

Hello!
Not so much has been happening in this little corner of my world...well that's a lie...but alas nothing bloggable has been happening :) Had the usual Christmas and New Year festivities, hope everyone had a good one and all that.
Anyways, lately there has been a lot on my mind, so much that I haven't been able to contemplate writing it down, mainly because I don't know what it is, so in typical fashion when something creeps into my head and I can't deal with it; poetry and songs sprout forth, so hereby I give you nothing but this small paragraph and a few little doda's I've written in past few weeks.

State of the world

Shaking, shaking,
better catch her soon before her veins start,
breaking, breaking,
her blood will soak you, sick you; exploding heart
that's doing everything to stop from
aching, aching,
don't think anyone can really wipe this floor,
without needing to know more.

Watching these bones crackling and shattering,
did you really think desensitisation,
would bring forth the kind of elation,
that you're needing from knowing he's never leaving?

Pardon pardon pardon pardon

"Please can you slow down and make some sense,
please can you show what you mean and speak in the
present tense?"

Sorry baby you cant follow,
speak in tongues and maybe swallow,
that's the language that you seem to need,
and that's the guide book all seem to read,
I love you is measured on a fake certainty,
that he's not going to bed alone...

(but that she wont care when he has flown.)

4am

Table for one? I'm not sure where my second half
has gone,
scamper scamper, roll my eyes into the back of my head,
forgotten I'd left you so beautiful, on my bed.
Did I kiss you out of time?
Did I think we'd ever fall back into this silly little rhyme?
Crooked eyes you were pressed against my thighs..
Are you; you? I'm just sat, not sure what to do,
if I kiss you across your face,
like once upon a time in knickers made of lace,
maybe I'd know if you're me secretly,
cos that'd be the only way to explain it really.
This wine trickling down, oh so dreary,
maybe if I kiss you dearly,
maybe then I'll know.

Am I scared to fall back?
To follow this track...?
I want to dissolve my eyes so maybe you can't see,
the truth that cannot do anything but escape from me.
Don't mind me sugar as I drink your cares away,
if you want, you can save me before the night falls into day.
Not sure how, but I'm sure there's a chance,
why else would I terrified for you to catch my glance?

No comments: